Friday 2 October 2015

Slow Sync - Work Diary

In this shoot I experimented with slow sync photography where I preferably needed to be using a dark background and a soft box to be able to see the object. There was to different components in the soft box which contributed to the final outcome. The modelling light in the soft box recorded the movement of the subjects which produced the blurred/unclear areas in the photos. Then a flash was used in order to freeze the image, capturing the still sharp version of the subject. The slower I had the shutter speed, the more blurring would be produced as there was more time for the movement to take place.
For this photograph I got a main subject to stand in the centre of the frame which another  subject placed behind him. I got the model in the foreground to move minimally, whereas I got the subject in the background to move her arms up and down, therefore creating the blurs either side of the frozen image. In this outcome I applied a black and white filter in order to show how the different tones represented the different parts of the image. The much more lighter grey tones illustrates the blurring and movement whereas the darker tones tended to show the frozen image. These darker tones illustrates shadows and shows the form and shape of the subject. There are also several darker lines to the left of the composition which also implies movement.

In this photograph, I wanted to capture the movement of dance which the simple move of a pirouette. Colour is the key element which suggests movement as there are orange glows which illustrate the movement taking place; these glows wouldn't be as visible if I used a lighter background, showing the importance of having a black background. This contrasts with the normality of the colours of the frozen images. As in this attempt I used a shorter shutter speed, the image appears much clearer than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment