Wednesday 16 September 2015

Project Proposal

For this project I plan in investigate and experiment with the starting point/topic of Colour. I know that colour is a vast topic to study but I intend to narrow it down to the use of colour in photography and the connotations colours have. Im not necessarily going to take photos of bright vibrant colourful objects, I am going to focus more on the moods and atmospheres that I can create with specific colours scheme.I could investigate this in various ways, for example I could shoot portraiture in the studio and have specific colour schemes which would resemble certain things and I could also perhaps make to model do a specific facial expression which corresponded to the colours connotation. For example, the colour red has various connotations of moods/feelings. So I could do a shoot of a subject dressed in red and experiment with the moods I can create by applying a facial expression to the model.

Another thing I could potentially do in the studio is experiment with paint in several ways. I aim to apply paint to a models face in a very abstract style which would show the influence of Alexander Khokhlov's work. Also, alike Alexander I could paint words on to the models face in order to portray their emotions/feeling and even suggest issues in the current modern society. Similarly to thing I would also like to experiment with UV paint and also coloured powder to gain a very unique approach. This would also allow me to use other photographers styles and tendencies such as Rankin and McGibbon in my own work. I could also experiment with lighting and the specific moods which they create.

I would also like to use water and how it changes the colour of some solutions. I could also get food colouring and put it into the water and see what bright colours they are and the fantastic shapes they form. Similar to this I could take a picture of water splashing on someone's face of just droplets on water and change the colour of it in Photoshop. I could then investigate with the theme of changing colour further and then forming a new pathway for my project. I could capture things changing and being different colours in real life or I could also take a photo of something and change the colours of it in Photoshop. I could do this with a shoot which I have done of buildings in London and alter the appearance of some monumental landmarks and attractions. Additionally I could take a photo of a subject with a paint brush over the top of it. The whole composition would be black and white whereas there would be a streak of colour where it would appear that the paintbrush has painted on the colour. I could specifically do this with a person who appears to be painting  colours onto their own black and white face and the message created could be very meaningful.

My Project in a sentence - An investigation of the concept of colours and their many representations.

No comments:

Post a Comment