Thursday 18 June 2015

Close ups - Work Diary

In this shoot I focussed on creating close ups of objects where I used the macro setting on my camera and took pictures at its maximum zoom. When doing this I tended to focus on specific parts of the subject and in doing so this area being very detailed. In most pictures the background would be blurred which enhances the detail of the focal point.
Here I attempted to produced a silhouette type of effect where the objects in the foreground are much darker and defined than objects in the middle and background. Here the contrast of light and colour enhances the detail of the leaves and branches in the foreground. The background lighter and blurred in comparison to the foreground. I feel like this image is very effective however, perhaps I could of zoomed in more to the subject in order to form a photograph which reinforces the close up theme.
In this close up image I chose for the subject to be a plant. Using my camera's maximum zoom as well as the macro mode I was able to produce a very detailed image of a small section of the flower. The camera is focussed on the middle of the flower whereas the rest is blurred which enhances the detail of this point. Also the centre of the flower is much more vibrant and colours which contributes to the fact that this area is the focal point.This effect is continued  through the background being much darker. The contrasts between lighter and darker tones show the shape and form of the flowers petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment