Monday 15 June 2015

Picture within a picture - Work Diary

In this shoot I experimented with ways in which I can put a picture within a picture whether it be in photoshop or even while shooting. When brainstorming ideas  and researching other peoples interpetations i decided to experiment with using a phone's camera where subjects can be see on the phone screen and then taking a picture of it. Other ways I tried doing this was taking a photo of a person holding a frame and inserting other pictures inside the frame in photoshop. Overall I felt that the mobile phone technique worked very well and would like to experiment with it more.

To create this photograph I used the phone camera technique. The background of the photo shows two people together however it is very blurred and when the phone is introduced a clear/visible photo of the same people can be seen. Also a minute version can be seen in the bottom left corner of the phones screen. So overall three versions of the same photo is seen and I feel like this is a very effective way to show an image within an image. I also  I feel that a way in which i could improve this
piece would have been to back the background darker, allowing the image in the foreground to stand out more or just make more of a contrast between the foreground and background.



In this attempt to show a picture within a picture I got a person to hold a frame and took a 
photo of him. Then in photoshop I placed the same image over the top and made it much 
smaller , fitting the size of the frame. After this I did the exact same but with the smaller 
image. The resulting effect seems as the subject is holding a picture of himself where he is also holding a picture of himself, therefore showing a specific pattern through the repetition of the same image being placed into each frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment