Thursday 11 June 2015

Sequencing - Work Diary

I found this shoot really interesting  as I was new to the concept of sequencing, I eventually learnt three different editing techniques in photoshop which were all effective in there own way. My favourite technique was where I had to make it seem as if there were duplicates of people doing different things in the same image. This is because i like the surreal effect it provides. I also enjoyed creating the sequencing animation of a class member jumping up and down. For this I had to take several pictures of the subjects movement (I was able to do this on the continuous shooting mode on my camera) which were then merged together to show the sequence of the subjects movement. I really enjoyed making it however I feel this my subject moves so quick and perhaps next time I would attempt to taking photos of a different movement, maybe a cartwheel or running. Ideally something that is longer than jumping. The last technique which I learnt was were I took five pictures of the same subjects who were performing a movement and place them next to each other to show the progress. This was my least favourite as i feel that the images are too small.

This was my favourite outcome of the shoot. Here I had to take five different images of the subjects at different positions on the bench. I used one of the images as the base image and then placed the other four images on top, erasing all the areas that were already taken up, basically only leaving the figure and shadows of the subject. The end result is where it seems to be the same people appear multiple times in different positions of the photograph but looking real. The only improvements I could think of for this piece would be to perhaps crop or zoom in more so the subject are more visible. Another improvement would have been to include the shadow on the bench from the person sitting to the left side of it, allowing it to look even more realistic.

I feel that this piece was the least effective out of the shoot, here I had to take five different photographs of the same subjects in order to present the progress and different stage of their movement. However as aforementioned I feel as if the images appear too small due to the five pictures being organised in a landscape fashion. So in order to improve this I feel that I could either use less photographs which would therefore allow the individual photos to be larger and more visible.  Or I could even only take photographs of one subject rather than three, once again allowing the photos to be bigger as the width of them wouldn't necessarily need to be as wide. Also I could consider leaving no spaces between the images in attempt to make the progression more evident. 



No comments:

Post a Comment