Sunday 22 November 2015

Mid-Project Evaluation

At the start of the project I thought about applying paint to a models face in a very abstract style which would show the influence of Alexander Khokhlov's work. I was thinking about painting colours, accompanied by words on to the models face in order to portray their emotions/feeling and even suggest issues in the current modern society. I don't think I will end up doing this exactly but I feel that I could apply paint and makeup in order to make the subject look dirty and less healthy. I decided to discard my idea of experimenting with UV paint and also coloured powder as I felt that it wasn't as relevant to my topic as other work. I decided to not focus on photographers such as Rankin and McGibbon as their work is very vibrant and colourful and I want to focus on rather dull and muted colour schemes similar to the work of Steve McCurry and could even dabble in researching culture and identity. I could now experiment with lighting and the specific moods which they create. I also decided to not further my idea of photographing buildings in London and altering their appearance of some monumental landmarks and attractions. This is because I want to explore the emotions and moods of humans and the effect colour has on this.

Up to this point I have been focussing on very saturated and vibrant colours and the connotations that they have. Specially through using the technique of gel lighting which shows a great influence of my chosen photographer of Nadav Kander. I feel that my outcomes are very effective and are very successful in creating certain moods. I particularly like the way in which I could create masculine and feminine atmospheres each both on males and females. I have heavily researched the psychology of colour to allow me to have a more in depth understanding on the connotations of colour and what they mean. From this point on I am not going to focus on very vibrant and saturated colours. I am now going to experiment with using very muted and unsaturated colours in order to produce very different moods and also illustrate an influence of my other chosen photographers. I will be creating very gritty, dark and gloomy accounts which will be very emotional and deep. I feel that this is much more relevant to me as it suits my tonal style more.

No comments:

Post a Comment